Saturday, December 26, 2009


E. O. Wilson coined the term biophilia as humans love of living things, our affinity with nature, and our innate tendency to focus on life and lifelike
processes.

I'm Michelle, a freshman at the University of Vermont, a place I call home. When I'm in Burlington, it's easy to be socially and environmentally conscience. It's so easy, that when I come back to North Jersey, I forget that Vermont is truly a progressive utopia. As an environmental studies major, I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to live a simple life when I am not in Vermont. How do I live sustainably when composting is not the norm, and no one cares about how harmful drinking bottled water can be? To create a sustainable world, we can't rely solely on government. In order to enact change, we need to change. It's time to consume less, waste less, look at the beauty of the simple life our ancestors lived.

I'm here now, to blog about my journey and my life. To post beautiful things that inspire me, while also giving a step by step guide of how to change myself, and hopefully those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment